Innovative Teacher Grant
The Innovative Teacher Grant is for K-12 classroom teachers in public or private schools that seek to employ learner-centric assessment methodologies to engage and motivate students, differentiate instruction, and personalize learning for all students.
The award combines professional development and next-gen classroom assessment software to provide teachers the guidance and tools necessary to successfully implement learner-centric assessment methodologies in the classroom. The grant includes a professional learning webinar that provides information and guidance on the use of research proven practices to accelerate student learning through assessment, including student self-assessment, bi-directional feedback, metacognition, and more. The award also includes a 12 month subscription to Naiku for Teachers classroom assessment software to facilitate implementation of these practices in the classroom.
- Approximately 10 new awards granted each month
- Applications evaluated on a rolling basis
Successful applicants must provide the following information (please limit responses to 300 words):
- Grade and Subject taught
- School and District
- What are some of the challenges that you face in your classroom to help all students learn to their potential?
- Describe how your class, or classes, could benefit from this grant
- Contact information
Awardees must fulfill the following requirements:
- Attend a Professional Learning webinar at project kickoff
- Complete a short survey regarding use during award year
- Participate in project review after award year