The next-generation of Naiku makes using mobile devices and tablets in the classroom easier than ever.
Minneapolis, MN, February 20, 2012 – Naiku, a leader of cloud-based balanced assessment software K-12 education announced version 2.0 of the award-winning Naiku Platform. Naiku is a best-in-class SaaS platform that enables teachers to make “real-time” instructional decisions to improve student achievement. Version 2.0 is available for immediate use and requires absolutely zero “app deployment” to get started.
New features include:
- Complete support for Common Core standards
- A streamlined assessment creation process
- Auto-scoring of short-answer text, number, and range question types
- In-browser “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) math formula creation
- Additional Formative Assessment features such as Answer Justification, Confidence Check and Teacher Feedback
- New real-time reporting for students, teachers and administrators
- School information system (SIS) connection agents for nightly class roster synchronization
“I’m excited to announce version 2.0 and further build on our leadership in the mobile assessment space,” said Corey Thompson, CEO of Naiku. “The market reaction has been so positive … our marketing and development teams just keep delivering the features our customers are requesting.”
As technology becomes more affordable and ubiquitous, many schools across the United States have started a “one student-to-device” (1:1) or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. As these programs spread, it is critical that these devices are used to improve instruction and increase student achievement. Our mission is to work with schools to make these initiatives wildly successful.
Based in Minneapolis, MN, Naiku provides schools with a powerful “balanced assessment” system, enabling teachers and administrators to gather real-time data in the classroom and across the district. Developed specifically for mobile devices and tablets such as iPads™, iPods™, iPhones™, Android-based phones, tablets and Chromebooks™ (and providing full compatibility with laptops and desktops), Naiku has established itself as a leader in balanced assessment.
The word Naiku means “teacher” in Lao.Posted on