Did you know that you can copy and paste math equations directly from MathType?
Quick Tip: If you have the latest version of MathType (version 6.9), you can copy and paste MathType equations directly into Naiku. Select Cut and Copy Preferences under the Preference menu. The select Naiku under Equation for application or website. Create you equation in MathType. Copy it. Then in Naiku, paste it directly into the stem or answer choices. Note that you will see some markup computer code. Don’t worry. Just save your test and the equations will be shown/rendered correctly to you and your students. See the steps below.
1. Select Cut and Copy Preferences.
2. Select Naiku under Equation for application or website.
3. Create you equation in MathType. Then copy it (you can highlight it and do Control-C).
4. Paste the copied equation into Naiku. This is going to copy the TeX code (markup language). Don’t worry. It’s fine. You or your students don’t have to read the TeX code.
5. Save the test. Your item with the equation will be shown correctly.